Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2010 16:38:06 +0800
From:      James Chang <james.technew@gmail.com>
To:        araujo@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports-bugs <freebsd-ports-bugs@freebsd.org>,  freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: About ocsinventory-* in FreeBSD ports tree (/usr/ports/net-mgmt/ocsinventory-*)

Hi Marcelo,

    I install ocsinventory-ng-1.3.2 from FreeBSD ports tree,
But I cannot finish installation successfully! Following are
my steps and ERROR message, could you please share
your installation experience with me?

Step 1. cd /usr/ports/net-mgmt/ocsinventory-ng/
Step 2. make install
Step 3. cd /usr/local/share/ocsinventory-ng
Step 4. sh ./setup.sh
Step 5. FAILED! and following are error messages :<

| OK, Communication server Perl modules install finished;-)|
| Creating Communication server log directory...           |

Creating Communication server log directory /var/log/ocsinventory-server.

Fixing Communication server log directory files permissions.
Configuring logrotate for Communication server.
/usr/local/share/ocsinventory-ng
cp: etc/logrotate.d/ocsinventory-server: No such file or directory
Can't open logrotate.ocsinventory-server.local: No such file or directory.
cat: logrotate.ocsinventory-server.local: No such file or directory
Removing old communication server logrotate file
/etc/logrotate.d/ocsinventory-NG
Writing communication server logrotate to file
/etc/logrotate.d/ocsinventory-server
*** ERROR: Unable to configure log rotation, please look at error in
/usr/local/share/ocsinventory-ng/ocs_server_setup.log and fix !

Installation aborted !
#

Best Regards!

                            James Chang