Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:56:25 -0800
From:      Adam Kranzel <adam@blacktabby.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thanks to the FreeBSD developers and release engineering team.

Hi...

I just wanted to thank everyone who has contributed to FreeBSD for
making such an amazingly stable and reliable OS.

I just upgraded my mail server from 4.7-stable to 4.8-prerelease without
a single hiccup. I updated with make world/make kernel/mergemaster,
rebuilt postfix and courier-imap (because of the OpenSSL upgrade), and
rebooted. Absolutely everything worked, without any hassle at all. There
wasn't even any trouble with the config files for the new versions of
postfix and courier-imap (though I checked for changes before I
rebooted).

Every time I do something like this, I'm reminded exactly why I run
FreeBSD. It just *works*, without me having to re-wire my brain due to
major changes, or reboot twenty thousand million times.

thanks again
 -Adam