Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2013 00:06:03 +0200
From:      David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9.2-PRE: switch off that stupid "Nakatomi Socrates"

On 21.09.2013 12:40, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On 21/09/2013 11:31, O. Hartmann wrote:
>> I'd like to switch off this silly "Nakatomi Socrates" message which
>> reminds me on Linux and their childish naming schemes.
>>
>> It is only cosmetics, but it bothers me whenever I switch on the laptop.
>>
>> I guess there is a switch already prsent to have in the bootloader
>> config?
>
> It's turned off by default in more recent 9.2-STABLE
>
> Otherwise:
>
> loader_logo="orb"
>
> in /boot/loader.conf  -- see loader.conf(5)
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

Hi,

I have loader_logo="orb" and I still have a message at the right bottom
with that stupid joke.

It's really pisses me off *now*. I already said it was okay to add a new
logo for that stupid joke. But now, I have orb set and I still see that
in my bootloader.

How can I disable this forever ?!

Also in the future you can just forgot that crappy ideas as you can see,
nobody liked it.

David.