Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 23:27:58 +0200
From:      "Vikash Badal" <vikashb@mweb.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   install failure fbsd on Asus A7N266-VM

Greetings,

I have an Asus A7266-VM motherboard with a Duron 1.2G cpu.

I have tried to install FBSD 4.5 and the install fails when creating
filesystems.

I have tried
set hw.at.ata_dma="1"
set hw.at.atapi_dma="1"

the error message is :
ad0: invalid primary partition table : no magic.

I have installed 4.5 on the same disk on a PII ... all okay,
I cvsuped to 4.6-STABLE, did a make buildworld etc
boot fine on PII
moved the disk to A7N266 m/brd and boot fails

ad0: success setting UDMA4 on nVIDIA chip
Creating DISK ad0
ar: FreeBSD check1 failed
mounting root from ufs:/dev/ads01a
ad0: invalid primary partition table : no magic.

winbloze installed ok,

Please advise

Vikash