Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:57:59 +0100
From:      "Petr Holub" <hopet@ics.muni.cz>
To:        <herbert@bugat.at>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org

> Anyone got APM working on an Asus L8400-F notebook? apm -b shows 255
> (not supported) and when I run apm -z the notebook freezes. I tried

I think it's the same problem as with ASUS T9400 I'm running
(http://cheminfo.chemi.muni.cz/~hopet/FreeBSD/ASUS_T9400.html)
New ASUS notebooks seem to have APM broken and ACPI is probably
the only way to go.

> FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE. Will apm/acpi work with FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT?
> (NetBSD? OpenBSD?).

Don't know. I'm not able to have my notebook as a experimental
machine and running -CURRENT on non-experimental one seems
like a non-sense to me. Anyway I'm not able to tell you anything
about {Net,Open}BSD.

Regards,

Petr

                            Petr Holub
CESNET z.s.p.o.                       Supercomputing Center Brno
Zikova 2                             Institute of Compt. Science
10200 Praha, CZ                               Masaryk University
Czech Republic                     Botanicka 68a, 60200 Brno, CZ
e-mail: Petr.Holub@cesnet.cz              phone: +420-5-41512213
                                       e-mail: hopet@ics.muni.cz