Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 2000 13:54:07 -0500
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: source upgrading: bootstrap library

Bruce Evans wrote:

> > I tend to favor the latter and plan to implement it. Let me know if you
> > have any objections, alternatives, additions or questions.
>
> I think I prefer to handle each case separately, at least at first.

Can you elaborate?

> There is also a problem with header files.  E.g., the current mtree can't
> be compiled under FreeBSD-2.1.5, because the members of struct timespec
> were didn't have the braindamaged standard spelling in 2.1.5.

Does this only occur on pre-2.2 systems?
If so, I suggest to delay the issue (or ignore it completely) until
after we can upgrade from at least 2.2.5. Any older versions have the
make problem and I think that makes a nice barrier.

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org