Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 11:20:49 -0500
From:      "Travis Leuthauser" <travis@bbipmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Netgear FA-410-TXC

I am running 4.3 Release installed from CD on a Compaq Prosignia 190.
I have a Netgear FA-410-TXC.  I patched the ed driver with Ian's patch
available at http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~iedowse/FreeBSD/ed_patch_new.  I
have miibus support and the ed driver enabled in my kernel.  If I
boot -v with the card in, immediately after probing the lpt port, I
get the following 2 messages and the machine locks tight as a drum.

ed0 failed to probe at port 0x280-0x29f iomem 0xd8000 irq 10 on isa0
isa_probe_children: probing PnP devices

If I insert the card with the machine running, the machine immediately
locks up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Travis L. Leuthauser