Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 21:47:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        plm@xs4all.nl, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recent apm changes

>> "MI" == Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org> writes:

    MI> Please try this patch.
    MI> If it still fails, it's worth to try increasing APM_SUSPEND_DELAY,
    MI> something like:
    MI> #define APM_SUSPEND_DELAY 3

Alas, it doesn't make a difference.

I tried too with APM_SUSPEND_DELAY 5. What I see when I issue 'zzz',
is a delay of 5 seconds, but in between programs keep running (and
thus keep generating interrupts I guess).

Then after 5 seconds the screen blanks, the power light starts
flashing (indicating suspend mode), but when I hit a key, the console
says (slept 00:00:02) only, and programs in fact continued running
(thus it didn't go or remain in suspend mode at all).

Anyway thanks for you efforts so far.

--
Peter Mutsaers |  Abcoude (Utrecht), | Trust me, I know
plm@xs4all.nl  |  the Netherlands    | what I'm doing.