Date:      Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:12:13 -0700
From:      "Peter" <fbsdq@peterk.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   zpool device name/label changed after export/import of pool.

Approximate 'zpool status' on 8.2:

NAME                      STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
data.zfs                  DEGRADED     0     0     0
  mirror-0                DEGRADED     0     0     0
    gpt/mid.zfs.sg1tb     ONLINE       0     0     0
    gpt/sam1tb            ONLINE       0     0     0

Did 'zpool export' - unplugged zpool disks, and loaded a clean install of
9.0-RELEASE.

Plugged in the bottom disk 'gpt/sam1tb', did 'zpool import', after a quick
confirm that everything still appeared to be there, I plugged in
'/gpt/mid.zfs.sg1tb' and did an online on that using gpt labels.

Now I have this:

NAME                      STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
data.zfs                  DEGRADED     0     0     0
  mirror-0                DEGRADED     0     0     0
    gpt/mid.zfs.sg1tb     ONLINE       0     0     0
    ada1p1                ONLINE       0     0     0

How do I change 'ada1p1' to read the gpt label? I've tried to offline it,
then online it via gpt label, that didn't work:

:#/sbin/zpool online data.zfs gpt/sam1tb
cannot online gpt/sam1tb: no such device in pool

yes, sam1tb is the gpt label for ada1p1.

zpool replace 'ada1p1' with gpt label?

]Peter[