Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:14:28 -0400
From:      Scott Augustus <scott@visgen.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   default cipher and passwd

Greetings :-)

Can anyone tell me how to change the default cipher for the master.passwd
file?

I'm also curious as to whether there is a way to change the way the passwd
command automagically changes the NIS password instead of the local when YP
is enabled?  I know you can simply state "passwd -l" but for users who are
use to just entering "passwd" I'm sure there will be some confusion and
numerous botched attempts.

--
Scott