Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:27:44 -0400
From:      "Romulus" <romulus007@netzero.net>
To:        "Jason Sheets" <jsheets@shadonet.com>, "Jordan Hubbard" <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>, <lplist@closedsrc.org>
Subject:   Let me CLEAR this CRAP up once and for all!!

Gentlemen,
Why are you bitching at me? I am a developer for a large bank who uses
millions of dollars of software (Oracle 8i, 9i, 9iAS, HP-UX, Solaris,
Delphi, SAP R/4, PeopleSoft, Visual Studio, Win2k, etc.) from these
companies. All I'm telling them is that my colleagues are fed up with their
favoritism in support for only Linux at the EXPENSE of the BSDs. Do you
understand me or are your heads polluted with C pointer memory leaks?

And please get off your high horse thinking I'm some BSD zealot or advocate
a la Linux! Hardly! I use what's most appropriate when its required and stay
away from that EMOTIONAL crap.

Perhaps you'll understand my perspective by reading a follow up to my
original email:

****
<<---BEGIN OF INCLUDED MESSAGE--->>
 Rahul,
Answer this one question!
Does the BSDs get the same opportunities anointed to Linux?
The answer is a resounding, "No!!!"

Did I use the "F" word or did I change the spelling to be more respectful?

The problem with you guys is that you have no clue how to get people's
attention and REALLY MAKE THEM THINK LONG AND HARD at some of their
inequitable business practices. I'm not only a developer, but I also write,
and am astute in the fine art of MARKETING.

All I hope is for these companies to open their eyes and give the BSDs a
chance to run their products natively --  nothing more, nothing less. Is
this so bad, Rahul?

And for the record, I'm a developer who works for one of the largest banks
in the world (34,000 employees) and am sick of these vendors pandering only
to Linux even though experts agree that the BSDs are a better OVERALL
O/S.

By the way, you write and act like a typical geek when you criticize my
email client and Windows 2000 - Advanced Server O/S. After all, I still have
to put food on the table and pay for my Audi TT. Right?  So it should not be
too hard for you to understand that I'm paid to create
Delphi/PL-SQL/Java/ASP code on WINDOZE while I'm at the bank! Got it?

Drivel? I think not! Sometimes the TRUTH HURTS, and it requires an OUTSIDER
like me to ruffle some feathers NOW so that the FUTURE is a little brighter.
Believe it or not, I've had some very positive comments from some vendors
so far as they can appreciate the point of view of a developer who WORKS FOR
A 200 BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY and has INFLUENCE on what's PURCHASED (RDBMSs,
development tools, etc.). Got it?

Remember, Rahul, MONEY TALKS AND BULLSHIT WALKS! These companies only know
about revenues. I only reminded them that they could make a lot more if they
also shipped their products natively on the BSDs.
If you can't comprehend what I'm saying, then you are as STUPID as an
investor who paid $270 for a share of Red Hat stock. Did you, by the way?

Finally, please stay off my back! And no, I am not even near to the point of
being a BSD advocate or zealot. Hey, I have a life and see the BSDs simply
as a tool! I'd rather be chasing skirts at a night club, playing basketball
or pumping iron in the gym FOR FUN, so don't let your head get too FAT
because I'm far from being a geek!
Are you, or do you have a life?

Romulus.
IT Consultant (eCommerce/Application Development)
(ASP, Java, J2EE, PHP, IIS-5, Win2K, Python, VB
SQL Server-2000, PL/SQL, FreeBSD, Linux, Delphi, C++)