Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 02:41:57 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FBSD 4.0 Upgrade Problems

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 10:37:45AM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > explain how to do when upgrading from 3.4-STABLE system up to 4.0.
> Are there omissions in /usr/src/UPDATING that you would advise updating?
Well, the 3.4-stable version of UPDATING (cvs version id 1.14.2.5) is
effectivly empty. According to the "COMMON ITEMS" sections of the -current
version of UPDATING (cvs version id 1.69) says:

To update from 3.x to 4.0 stable
been discussed and there were several postings containing instructions for
this upgrade.

John Baldwin's message <200002101835.NAA81587@server.baldwin.cx> is a good
starting point, the replies to his message contain some other valuable hints.
I've managed to upgrade my 3.4-stable system to 4.0-current by following
his advice.

/s/Udo
--
Booze is the answer. I don't remember the question.