Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 1995 08:29:44 -0800
From:      Daniel Pflager <dpflag@usin.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Forwarded: Handbook

-------- Forwarded Message
>From dpflag Tue Dec  5 08:24 PST 1995
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 08:24:55 -0800
>From: Daniel Pflager <dpflag>
To: jehamby@lightside.com
Subject: Handbook
Cc: bugs@FreeBSD

Hi,

I have recently installed FreeBSD for the first time. I was able to successfully
reconfigure the kernel, but only after several failed attempts. The reason
I was having a problem was that in the section that describes how to
compile the kernel, a line is apparently missing:

	make depend

which should come immeditately after cd ../../compile/MYKERNEL.

I noticed that config reminds you to execute make depend. It wouldn't hurt
to insert some text to let the user know that the message from config
is normal.

Thanks,

Dan.

-------- End of Forwarded Message