Date:      Sun, 02 Jul 2000 13:07:48 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        Generic Player <generic@unitedtamers.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make deinstall?

On 7/2/00, 12:49:19 PM, Generic Player <generic@unitedtamers.com> wrote =

regarding make deinstall?:

> Hi,

> What else do I have to do to remove a program besides make deinstall?
> How do I find and remove all the documentation and configuration files=

> that the program spreads around my drive?

> Thanks
> Generic Player

Dear "Generic Player",

'make deinstall', generally speaking, will not always work.=20

I wrote a detailed enough letter on this subject ("updating ports" or=20
something to that effect) a few weeks ago; if it is not available in=20
the archives, I'll send you a copy.

Best regards,
Salvo

P.S. I am a very **specific** player: I ONLY play chess :-))=20