Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 21:20:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!lakes.water.net!rivers, ponds!buffnet.net!root
Cc:        ponds!freebsd.org!freebsd-questions
Subject:   Re: A method of inject news from an ISP?

> On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Thomas David Rivers wrote:
>

> > Steve Shovey writes:
> > >
> > > How about get a newsfeed instead of looking for ways to leach.
> > >

> >  I have one, thank you; but it comes through a 19200 UUCP conncetion,
> > and can get woefully behind.
> >
> >  The model of downloading frequently read news groups from an ISP
> > and injecting them into a local server (as a cache) for later reading
> > seems perfectly reasonable to me...   The intent is not to "leach";
> > but rather to efficiently use my resources  (both hardware and wetware.)
> >
> > 	- Dave R. -
>
> Thats very self centered of you.  One is supposed to take into
> consideration the impact of whatever they intend to do might have on the
> other party or parties.  You obviously were told to cool it because you
> had a negative impact.

 Ahh... you're assuming I did this on a regular basis... only
once a week is when I did it.  And only then to catch up with
things I had missed during the week (mostly items in comp.compilers,
triangle.* (local information) and some comp.lang groups.)

 However, I wasn not the cause of the change by my ISP; only an
accidental victim;  I'm guessing some Windows software was the culprit.

	- Thanks -
	- Dave Rivers -