Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 18:04:27 +1000 (EST)
From:      dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au
To:        craig@hotmix.com.au, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ICQ

Thanks Craig

Any comments are welcome

>I came across your post and although I dont know anything about running ICQ, we have a number of users on a LAN running ICQ through a firewall (on port 80).  Our tech guy just re-installed windows and ICQ 99 and had the
>following thing to say to one of our people.  Maybe this can help?
>
>Cheers
>craig
>
>=============================
>Hello,
>
>Normally we would not have any idea but as I was rebuilding my computer and need to install ICQ I thought I would try the 99 version and see if I had
>problems as well.
>
>I did. But it is not to do with firewalls and such, It seems to be ICQ.
>There is no answer to the problem to be found on their site, just several
>hundred people all suffering similar problems.

Hmmmm ... I've had a few ICQ problems in the past but always been able to get it working eventually but seems the problem is more elusive this time

>The answer is not overly obvious but I suggest you try this. Go to the ICQ
>web site.
>
>http://www.icq.com/password/
>
>and type in your ICQ # if you have one. I am assuming that you have used
>this previously. This will mail the password to you. I thought I had my
>password down pat, but when I got the email I found it was quite different.

OK .... I'm quite certain about my password though as Ii've trialled more hardware and consequently done more re-installs in a month than most people do in a lifetime however I'll follow your suggestions anyway