Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:22:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        Robert <robert@chalmers.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is it possible to rename ci to something else please !!! so it distributes as the something else :-)

Robert wrote to freebsd-stable:

> Is it only me or do other people accidentally type ci instead of vi
> - and end up accidentally modifying files they don't mean to...
>
> It's a real pain - although of course I rename the file myself, but
> each upgrade - there it is back again, and a dyslexic typist like me
> forever falls over it.

Alias ci to vi in your .profile, .cshrc, or equivalent.  That will
persist across an upgrade, AND won't make ci inaccessible for people
that actually do want to use it. :-)

> cheers
> bc
>
> ---
> Quantum Radio: World Music with a difference.
> http://quantum-radio.net/
> Now Playing: Chinese Flutes - A Tayal Folk Song

  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>

  901 1st Avenue North - Saskatoon, SK - S7K 1Y4

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-664-3630   Saskatoon