Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:34:40 -0600
From:      "Jay Teutenberg" <jay@advertisnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   5.x can ping 25152 bytes but not 25153

Hello,

We are up against an interesting problem.

We have several FBSD servers, the ones that are 5.x
do not seem to be able to respond to pings larger
than 25152, but 4.x kernels can.

We are getting I/O errors from sendmail and want to
make sure our networking is ok. We have tried
swapping cables, ports in the cisco cat 2912,
swapped 3com905's, no luck.

Thanks all, my apologies if this is a bikeshed,
I did my best to research it. Found some postings
in this group last year where someone mentions this
phenomena, but no fix or answer was offered.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-April/044070.html

Jay