Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 1996 10:00:09 +0200 (EET)
From:      "Andrew V. Stesin" <stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   What I'd like to see brought to -stable

Hello people,

as a -stable SNAP is prognosed, I've found myself brave enough
to post my personal wishlist of what I'd like to see included
into it. Oh yes, the team is doing a great work of bringing
kernel changes and bugfixes into it, but there are other
areas as well. Maybe some kind soul will take the following
into account, too? So here it is:

1.  (kernel) A fix for "system binds" problem (IDE system with X11
    "goes asleep" periodically for random periods of time).

2.  "phk malloc" by Paul Henning Kampf. It's one of the best performance
    improvements I've seen, why recompile approx. entire world after
    dropping it into an installed system? And, taken from -current,
    it works without a glitch -- only _times_ faster :)

3.  "STARTUP_SETLOCALE hack" removal and a couple of localization
    changes done by Andrew Chernov throughout the userland
    utilities.

4.  A new groff (1.10). It's way nice to have direct LaserJet printing!

5.  Recent PPP improvements.

What else? That's all for now, 2.1-R is a GREAT OS, I'm very happy
with it!

Thanks for your attention!

--

	With best regards -- Andrew Stesin.

	+380 (44) 2760188	+380 (44) 2713457	+380 (44) 2713560

	"You may delegate authority, but not responsibility."
					Frank's Management Rule #1.