Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2016 13:31:04 +0200
From:      Alphons van Werven <freebsd@skysmurf.nl>
To:        andrew clarke <mail@ozzmosis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: misc/jive deleted

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

andrew clarke wrote:

> Is this the first time a port has been deleted for being "offensive"?

There used to be "offensive" (a term to be taken rather loosely in this
case) fortune cookies, but they got kicked out somewhere in 9.X. That was
the base system though; not the ports tree.

Come to think of it, I'm quite (be it pleasantly) surprised to see that
deskutils/hot-babe is still allowed. I'm still half waiting for someone
with misguided delusions of moral superiority to delete that port, thinking
it's their decision to make that FreeBSD must not enable people to display
their system load as a cartoon woman in various stages of undress. Or
something along those lines. But I digress...

Anyway, if anyone misses this port, I'll be happy to maintain it privately
and make it available from a public repository, if only because I strongly
oppose censorship, so I would gladly help circumvent what I consider to be
a hopelessly outdated and even morally wrong concept.

Fonz

Disclaimer: I am neither the author nor the maintainer of misc/jive.
            Ditto for deskutils/hot-babe.

--=20
A.J. "Fonz" van Werven <freebsd@skysmurf.nl>
mailsig: Help! I'm a prisoner in a Chinese fortune cookie factory.

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU--