Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 04:49:58 +0200
From:      Angelo Turetta <ATuretta@stylo.it>
To:        "'freebsd-security@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Anybody using FrontPage server extensions for BSDI ? (DES-related)

this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.  Contact your
mail administrator for information about upgrading your reader to a version
that supports MIME.

------ =_NextPart_000_01BB631A.F0A02FF0

FrontPage 1.1 server extension seems to run on 960501-SNAP, but it encrypts
passwords with something different than the standard MD5.

I've got the .za DES package, and I think I've managed to install it
correctly, but FrontPage authentication is still failing.

How can I check whether my crypt shared libraries are really doing DES ?
What other encryption might they be using (after all, if DES was not in my
system, how the hell was FrontPage able to save a DES-encrypted password for
the administrator during setup ??? :-)
Is anybody using FrontPage Extensions on FreeBSD ?

I'm not on these lists, please Cc: replies to me.

Thanks
Angelo.

 Angelo Turetta                         mailto:aturetta@stylo.it
 Stylo Multimedia - Bologna - Italy         http://www.stylo.it/