Date:      Fri, 16 Sep 2016 20:26:16 +0200
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bug 209491 (Broadcast storm with ipfw+natd+gateway) from -CURRENT is now in 11-STABLE

Hello,
  I have reported bug 209491 (Broadcast storm with ipfw+natd+gateway)
for -CURRENT, but now it is also in 11-STABLE. It is still here, as
I have tested it today with src r305790 (11.0-PRERELEASE).

So please be warned. If you are using similar configuration as me
with ipfw+natd+gateway, you can see unusual traffic on your outer
network. In our case, three servers with outer interface on the same
local network (broadcast domain) plus some workstations with netbios
queries means seriously overloaded network.

Best regards.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology