Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 10:48:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Joe Nieten <jln@lincom-asg.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java for FreeBSD

On 20-May-99 Joe Nieten wrote:
> Patrick Gardella wrote:
>
>> On 20-May-99 Joe Nieten wrote:
>> > When is FreeBSD going to support Java, like Linux does?
>>
>> About a year ago.  See http://www.freebsd.org/java/
>>
>> Patrick
>
> Thanks for the quick response, however, I was referencing the fact
> that Linux already has JDK 1.2 available.  I do not see JDK 1.2 for
> FreeBSD.

That's a different question.  We are working on 1.2, but don't have a
working version yet.  I'd expect in the next few months we'll have
something going.  It will be much easier to do our work once the
Blackdown Linux effort releases their changes.

Patrick

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9