Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 2020 17:10:21 +1000
From:      Dewayne Geraghty <dewayne@heuristicsystems.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need a systemd

I've used monit and its very good.  However I use
sysutils/s6 for process management and
sysutils/s6-rc for service management

These are not as easy as monit to pick-up.

The dependency chain is
s6-rc
s6
execline - this used to be a hard requirement for log mgt but /bin/sh is ok
skalibs - is required, though I don't deploy this in production

The maintainer for each of monit and s6-rc & friends do a good job
looking after them.

(When I was "field testing", I'd kill a maintained service and it
auto-restarted within 120ms.  I had to slow it down to reduce ROP data
collection. ;) )

There is no need to replace rc, but there are benefits to doing so.  In
my case, one of the drivers was log file management, and s6-log enabled
me to pipe a log logs from one jail into another. :)

Enjoy.

refer https://www.skarnet.org/software/s6-rc/