Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:10:46 -0500
From:      dieterbsd@engineer.com
To:        seanbru@yahoo-inc.com, martgross42@yahoo.de
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VIA Fire II Firewire Card

> I don't suppose that this chipset is available in a PCI card that also
> exhibits this failure?
>
> I need to buy some cards for work and I'm more than happy to get a
> couple of "broken" ones to try and fix it.

SYBA SD-LP-VT3F Low Profile PCI 1394a 3-Port (2+1) Card, VIA VT6307
Price: $8.99
http://mwave.com/Mwave/SKUSearch_v3.asp?scriteria=3DBA25893&pagetitle=3DSY=
BA=20
SD-LP-VT3F Low Profile PCI 1394a 3-Port (2+1) Card

I don't know if this card would exhibit Martin's problem, but it would
probably exhibit PR kern/113785.

Or you could get the same make&model card that Martin has (assuming that
Martin tells us, hint hint :-)  ) and a PCMCIA-card-in-PCI-slot adapter
such as Startech PCI2PCMCIA2 or similar.

For the record, my VIA VT6307 is on a Tyan Tomcat k8e 2865 mainboard.
I've ordered from mwave.com, no problems.