Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 2020 15:26:34 +0200
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Office Hours: April 1, 2020 18:00 UTC

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

Le mer.  1 avr. 20 =C3=A0 22:01:53 +0200, Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org>
 =C3=A9crivait=C2=A0:

> > Hello everyone

Hello,

> > This coming Wednesday at 18:00 UTC we will hold the first "FreeBSD
> > Office Hours", an interactive online event where users, contributors,
> > and developers can ask questions and get advice.
> >=20
> > We are still experimenting with the format, but the first iteration will
> > be an open Google Meet:
> >=20
> > https://meet.google.com/yak-ydnk-rnc
> >=20
> > That will also be recorded and posted to Youtube later in the day.
> >=20
> > We are still seeking some additional src, ports, and docs committers to
> > help field the questions as well.
> >=20
>=20
> Our first FreeBSD Office Hours event was a success with over 60 people
> in attendance.

I tried to attend, but without success.

- At first, I was asked for a meeting code... After some investigations,
it appears that one must be connected with a Google account.

- Some minutes later, after recovering an old Google account that I
don't use anymore, I was asked to enable my microphone and my camera,
OK.

- At this point, the video of my cam with the following message (in
french) were displayed:

     Pr=C3=A9paration=E2=80=A6
     Vous pourrez rejoindre l=C2=B4appel dans un instant

It could be translated as:
     Preparing=E2=80=A6
     You'll be able to join the conf RSN

but this message stayed forever, and I never joined.

Is there some special configuration needed?

Note: my desktop runs KDE + firefox + webcamd.
--=20
Th. Thomas.

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft--