Date:      Tue, 07 May 2002 12:05:51 -0700
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Subject:   tic/tconv & friends

I didn't notice tic & tconv are broken due to working old
copies on my machine until someone on the Octree mailing list
complained [Octree is a neat 3D CAD package which runs in
Linux emulation mode -- unfortunately available in binary
only].

I noticed Peter Wemm killed src/lib/libtmyinfo quite a while
ago.  The log message says

  Ensure libmytinfo stays dead..  I originally left it here so that we might
  be able to build the old shared versions rather than taking a binary for
  the compat area, but that seems to have caused confusion.

For now I will just send this guy a previously compiled
xterm.terminfo but my question is, is libmytinfo going to
remain dead?  If so, how does one run programs that want
terminfo under FreeBSD?  If terminfo is going to remain
broken, may be the related man pages should be removed.

Thanks!

-- bakul