Date:      Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:23:03 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64 List <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: problems recompiling world and kernel on K8QS Pro on 5.4

On Nov 10, 2005, at 3:40 PM, Claus Guttesen wrote:

> I received the server last week so the bios should be up to date. The
> server has 8 GB RAM as eigth 1 GB modules. I have added hw.physmem=4G
> to /boot/loader.conf but that does not prevent the compiler errors.

Don't count on the BIOS being latest.  Check Tyan's web site.

If you're getting errors at random places, I'd blame hardware.  I
have one K8SR based system which has gone through 3 mobos, new CPU's,
new RAM, and still fails regularly.  The whole system is being
replaced this time with a new one built from scratch.