Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 22:20:44 -0500
From:      "Deepak Jain" <deepak@ai.net>
Subject:   RE: any Apache//web wizards out there?

If the tag is showing up in your html files, and not returning an error like
"Error in directive" then your file isn't being run through the mod_includes
handler.

1) Make sure mod_includes is in your httpd.conf file.
2) Make sure you have uncommented the .shtml handler.
3) Make sure your file is named .shtml or .html with the execute bit set
[Xbithack]
4) Make sure you have Includes permissions turned on for the directory you
are in:

<Directory />
Options +Includes
</Directory