Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:50:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marco Beishuizen <marco.beishuizen@wxs.nl>
Subject:   Intallation of 6.0-R on PWS 600au

Hi,

I'm trying to install 6.0-RELEASE on an PWS 600au. Therefore I downloaded
and burned the iso on cdrom.

When booting the cdrom the machine halts right after the initialisation of
the scsi controller:
isp0: <Qlogic ISP 1020/1040 PCI SCSI Adapter> port 0x8000-0x80ff mem
0x80910000-0x80910fff irq 16 at device 9.0 on pci2
isp0: interrupting at CIA irq 16
isp0: [GIANT-LOCKED]

halted CPU 0

halt code = 5
HALT instruction executed
PC = 203134

The scsi controller is in the 2nd 32 bit slot. A Matrox is in the 1st 64bit
slot. Before this FreeBSD 4.9-R was installed without any problems. I tried
to install NetBSD but that didn't work either (got dropped into single user
mode without the possibility to change anything). I replaced the IDE
cdrom for a SCSI cdrom device because the IDE caused crashes ("machine
checks"). The scsi cdrom seems to work fine.

Does anyone know why it halts?

Thanks,

Marco

--
[Prime Minister Joseph] Chamberlain loves
the working man, he loves to see him work.