Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:48:36 -0500
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where to put sysctl command

Catch-all m-box stated:
: Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this;
:
: One of my machines cannot keep time unless using timecounter.method 1
:
: I know many places to put the sysctl command, but would like to know the best -
: or is there an option somewhere I can set which will take effect on boot.
:
: If anyone has any ideas (and reasons) please tell.
:
: I repeat, it's not that I don't know how to do it, it's "what's the best way
: to do it?"

Take a look at rc.sysctl. It uses /etc/sysctl.conf .. there is
man 5 page for one or the other of these.

Sean O'Connell                                Email: sean@stat.Duke.EDU
Institute of Statistics and Decision Sciences Phone: (919) 684-5419
Duke University                               Fax:   (919) 684-8594