Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 2008 08:23:01 GMT
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/127018: Linuxulator incapable of using FreeBSD's LDAP environment

>Number:         127018
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Linuxulator incapable of using FreeBSD's LDAP environment
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
The only way viewing AND editing AND printing PDF documents is to utilize Linux's Acrobatreader software. Doing so in an LDAP environment (which is not very uncommon within non home/desktop environment) renders acroread8 and all other Linux utilities which try to resolve the UID of its user unusuable!

Every attempt configuring Linuxulator using LDAP failed so far and is beyond my scope. This error occurs always when trying to start acroread8:

(acroread:41624): GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to unknown user id (2001)

(acroread:41624): Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed: error 12 (Cannot allocate memory)

>How-To-Repeat:
Install acrobatviewer out of the ports within a LDAP environment and try to use acroread from LDAP-user.