Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 14:28:30 -0400
From:      Stephane Russell <russell.stephane@usa.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/7005: Change request for adding a RealAudio Player port

>Number:         7005
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Submitting RealAudio Player 3.0 as a new port
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE i386
>Environment:

X Window, Netscape

I uploaded the file 'raplayer3.0-port.tar.gz' in the
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming directory. This file contains
a port for the RealAudio Player 3.0. Even if this program is not the
latest (no version of RealPlayer exists for FreeBSD yet), their is still
a lot of '.ra' audio files on the Internet (one of them is on the main
page of the MSNBC site). The program is available in binary files format
only. Also, when you type make, the port gives you a web address and
asks you to download the program from there because RealAudio Player is
not available legally on an open ftp site.