Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 01:25:53 -0600
From:      Ben Weaver <bweaver@tranquility.net>
To:        cane cane <super559@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ***Error code 1

--/e2eDi0V/xtL+Mc8

An Error status of 1 simply indicates a failure in the build.  To help you,=
 we need to see the actual error message.  Please include the last 15-20 li=
nes of the build message.

As far as Unix programming... I'm not sure about a certain book, but you sh=
ould learn how to program in C.  Once you've done that, start reading the s=
ource code for some of the simpler ports or programs in the base system and=
 consult the man pages for details on certain functions.

-Ben

###On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 05:28:47AM -0000, cane cane wrote:
> When I compile my freebsd kernel I get an ***Error code 1
> I have no idea what it means if u could please e-mail me back thanks
> and one more thing what is a good book i just read about unix programming=
=20
> thanks u
>=20
>    ^superh^