Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 1997 13:16:46 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@consys.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux ELF codine no go on 2.2 Gamma

I've been trying to get codine 4 (http://www.genias.de/)
for linux ELF going with the following result:

$ cod_qmaster
ELF binary type not known
Abort trap
$ file cod_qmaster
cod_qmaster: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
$

on the other hand, Wingz seems to be happy as a bug, and
file reports the same:

$ file /usr/X11/lib/X11/Wingz/bin/Wingz
/usr/X11/lib/X11/Wingz/bin/Wingz: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
version 1
$

I upgraded the system from 2.1.5+ to 2.2 by pushing through a make
world, but everything else seems happy.  Perhaps I screwed something
up?  There are about a dozen binaries in the codine 4 distribution
and each one has the behaviour above.

Russell