Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:54:52 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
To:        Brent Jones <brent.jones@otago.ac.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: top posting (off-topic)

Hi,

Brent Jones wrote:
> Sorry if this is a bit off topic for this list, but it seem to be a
> comment that comes up very regularly; "please don't top post..."

at least, you make me understand what this means.

Yes, it is stupid to avoid top posting as they save a lot of time as
long as it is still clear how it is connected to the original message.

> I for one prefer top posting, as usually I have read a particular thread
> enough times that I like to cut to the chase and read the new input
> without having to scroll down, sometimes navigating an endless nesting

Most of the time, it is a waste to keep the parts of the original
message which is not referred to in the answer.

> Anyone else feel the same?

Oh yes!

Erich