Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:30:46 -0500
From:      John Nielsen <john@jnielsen.net>
To:        nork@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   linuxpluginwrapper support for newest Acrobat Reader

I am unable to get the Acrobat plugin working in Firefox after updating to the
latest version.  Here's what I have installed:

acroread7-7.0.5_1
acroreadwrapper-0.0.20060221
firefox-1.5.0.1_1,1
linuxpluginwrapper-20051113

I modified my /etc/libmap.conf with the new path for acroread:

# Acrobat7 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
[/usr/X11R6/AdobeAcrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so]
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/acrobat.so

And it shows up in about:plugins:

Adobe Reader 7.0	File name: nppdf.so
[MIME types, etc]

But attempting to load a PDF produces this on stderr:

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared
library /usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
[/usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so: Undefined
symbol "__ctype_b_loc"]

Is this just a new function that needs to be taught to linuxpluginwrapper?  If
so, how difficult a task would that be?  Should I file a PR with this?

Thanks,

JN