Date:      Sun, 15 Dec 2002 09:47:22 -0500
From:      "Dave [Hawk-Systems]" <dave@hawk-systems.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   periodic output not being emailed

little perplexed here...

Looking at two servers...

Server One
	- has .qmail-root alias directing mail to sysadmin@somedomain.com
	- this is also the somedomain.com server we are retrieving mail from
	- we get daily, weekly, monthly and security output from this server
	  in the specified email address
Server Two
	- has .qmail-root alias directing mail to sysadmin@somedomain.com
	- we get daily, weekly, monthly output from this server
***	- we do NOT get the security output email from this server

I am stumped as to why the daily,weekly etc emails would be correctly delivered
to sysadmin@somedomain.com but the security email from the second server does
not.

In looking at the periodic files, it appears to simply call sendmail for all
mailings. Why would the security output being sent through sendmail be any
different?

Would appreciate any insight to avoid dumping output to file and seting up a
seperate cron to email the file.

Thanks

Dave