Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 20:03:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Telnet delays out of 2.1.5

We have installed 2.1.5 on two internal machines. One is a Pentium 150
and one is a PentiumPro 200mhz. The first has 128MB of RAM and the other
512MB. Telneting into each box provides excellent performance, but
whenever an FTP or telnet connection is attempted from either box, a long
delay ensues.

Trying 1.1.1.1
Connected
Hit ^] etc..

At this point it waits approximately 20-2minutes seconds.

Then everything works fine. The receiving systems are not loaded at all,
so connections, etc should be fine. This happens between all other
machines including other 2.1.5 machines. None of our other BSD boxes are
doing this, and the receiving machines that are local are not even doing
reverse DNS lookups on these incoming requests.

Any ideas or something I have overlooked?

Thanks for your time,

Jerry Tagra
American Information Network