Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:35:11 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Thierry Herbelot' <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
Subject:   RE: fixed-frequency monitor and X-Win

> My main fear is that this monitor may be fixed-frequency (and
> I've only
> used multisync ones), and may only display 152x900 pixels @ a
> specific refresh frequency.
>
> There may be also a problem with the conversion of PC-VGA
> signals to the signals expected on the 13W3 video connectors.
>
> 	If someone has already played with such beasts

I've played with them (well, the black 'n white versions) with some success.
For the B/W monitors you have to build a little color/sync mixer. Printboard
designs are on the Internet, though I forgot sites. Good places to start
looking are the NetBSD site and the XFree86 site and Yahoo! of course. :-)

    Kees Jan