Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:14:23 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
To:        Jeremy Faulkner <gldisater@gldis.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Eclipse 3.0 updated

Jeremy Faulkner wrote:
> Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
>
>> Hi eclipse user and maintainer.
>>
>>     I updated Eclipse 3.0 and related ports, so then some ports
>>     was broken.  Please fix these ports! :-)
>>
>>     If you find a problem, please report to java@ and nork@.
>

> WITH_MOTIF=yes fails to detect that kdebase is not present on the system
> and will always attempt to compile it. An earlier patch I submitted
> removed the kde swt lib from the build, this patch corrects the pkg_info
> check for kdebase.
>
> The "no packages match pattern" is going to stderr not stdout and so
> will not be caught. However if there is a package installed the
> outputted information does go to stdout.

Regrettably I don't have a desktop machine without KDE right now, so I
can't verify this, but your analysis seems correct. However, your
proposed solution is not in accordance with your analysis. You seem to
simply reverse the logic of the null check, instead of redirecting
stderr to stdout as you implied.

--
Panagiotis Astithas, PhD
R&D Manager