Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 1998 08:16:47 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems w/ Linux EMU

According to Brandon Lockhart:
> I am running FreeBSD 3.0-Current last updated on Sunday.  For some strange
> reason, my Linux EMU is having problems.  (It doesn't recognize the ELF
> binary type).  Any clue why this is happening?

1. check you have the LKM up to date with the kernel,

2. check that the linux LKM is loaded (with modstat(8)) and load it with
   linux(8),

3. if using static ELF binaries, don't forget to "brand" them with
   brandelf(8),

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #3: Tue Apr 14 21:41:01 CEST 1998