Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:22:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple syslogds

I have a host that I want to set up to log everything from a remote
host.

I would like to dump everything from that host into a separate log
file, for separate processing and whatnot.

Digging through man syslogd.conf (5), I don't see any way to do this.
Am I just missing something?

If not, would this work:

Run one copy of syslogd with "-ss", to prevent it from opening a
socket, and log local host data with that.

Run another with the socket, using an alternate configuration file to
log to a separate location.

Is this reasonable, or would you like some of what I must have been smoking?

Thanks,
Michael