Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2014 18:53:09 -0500
From:      "John D. Hendrickson and Sara Darnell" <johnandsara2@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-arch <freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: user quest.  is BSD 4.2 ok to install ?

user question.  could somebody reply to my email?

is BSD 4.2 ok to install ?

i've never installed BSD i did read about portage.  i wrote **

i have an older pc and want to stay away from a huge number of new
problems / breakage of old apps / new hw i can't get.  something
stable, quick(r) and simple

ie, i want a stable awk and an older web browser that sucks is just fine

i also don't want to kick my own butt.  what's a good release to start
would you vote ?

* http://sourceforge.net/projects/dep-trace/
* which can quickly and fully solve total (end-to-end) depends for bin
or source (does for debian, can for BSD)