Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 17:48:57 -0500
From:      "wanderer" <wanderer@lamere.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Curiosity made me send this.

May I ask you some questions?

How would you compare FREEBSD to LInux?

I have a Syquest parallel 270MB removable hard drive.  Will that work with
BSD?
I have a SCSI HP T4000 Travan tape drive.  Will that work?
I have a SCSI Syquest 1.5Gig. removable hard drive on the same line. Will
that work?
I have an SCSI HP IIcx color scanner on the same line.  Will that work?

I'm pretty sure that a joystick would work.  Please correct me if I am
wrong.

I have a Star NX2450 24pin Rainbow printer.  Does FreeBSD support that?
How about and Epson Stylus Color Bubble Jet printer?

I understand that FreeBSD is great for networking, but I wonder if it would
support the NIC card that I am using.  The brand was listed, but not that
model number. The card runs on the PCI bus.It was not listed in your
writeup.  I do know that it will support the one NE2000 16 bit card that I
have.

What I am concerned about it that I would be losing the capability of using
most of my local resources, because BSD doesn't support it.

I was also wondering about dual booting.  Does FreeBSD support that, or
must it solely be the only operating system on the hard drive?

Does BSD boot up from the hard-drive, or is it from a floppy?

Linux supports running Windows 3.x 16 bit software via a program designed
for that purpose.  Does FreeBSD have the same capability?

Thank you

Gil Boisvert