Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:13:46 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com, jb@cimlogic.com.au
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc_tools/Makefile bug? (was Re: filesystem safety and SCSI disk write caching)

>} > and they happen to come out correct.  If we don't want to rely on luck,
>} > then this Makefile should have a separate rule for each of these .h files.
>}
>} Can this wait until the possible/probable (?) compiler upgrade after 3.0?
>
>Probably, though a caution sign should probably be posted until it is
>fixed.

It's easier to just fix it.  Splitting the rules is obviously safe since
it is essentially a no-op for -j1.

All rules that build multiple targets may have the same problem.  Some
have been fixed by using .ORDER, but this is ugly , and it isn't necessary
unless the command[s] that build the files need to built them all together.

Bruce