Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 1996 14:06:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, Christian.Gusenbauer@utimaco.co.at, Christian.Gusenbauer@safeconcept.utimaco.co.at, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cdrom boot?

> >I played a little bit with bcc yesterday and found out, that the
> >version I have only supports K&R standard. Is this right? Is there
> >any converter available which converts ANSI-C to K&R?
>
> Yes.  None that I know of.  Ask Joerg to convert biosboot back to K&R :-).
> Then you can copy it for more than half the code.

Thank you, gentlemen; you have provided me with the first irrefutable
example of why prototypes should be conditional in all cases.

For non-ANSI compilers, people generating new code should continue to
use cdefs.h.  If you have need of cdefs.h varradic declaration
macros... I have them.  Let me know.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---