Date:      Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:52:44 -0800
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        Chris <chrcoluk@gmail.com>
Cc:        "Donald J. O'Neill" <donaldjoneill@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portsnap

Chris wrote:
> contacted the dev and he confirmed the ports version is old so I guess the
> ports maintainer needs to update it until that is done I dont reccomend it
> for 5.3 and older.

*cough*

Yes, the maintainer of the sysutils/portsnap port should update it.  The
maintainer of the misc/bsdiff port should update that one, too.

*cough*

For now, people using the portsnap port can get the same performance as
the version in the base system provides by passing the undocumented "-x"
option to portsnap.

Colin Percival