Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 1998 21:25:21 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        =?koi8-r?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>, Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pine-4.00 out!

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, [koi8-r] Андрей Чернов wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 04:40:29PM -0700, Eric J. Schwertfeger wrote:
> > It seems that all the FreeBSD mods were rolled into 4.00, all I did was
>
> Are you sure? Did you check each and every patch?
>
> > s/3.96/4.00/ on the make file, mv files/md5 files/md5.dist, rm -rf
> > patches, and make install did its magic.
>
> Pine 3.96 can be builded/installed without patches too, but *then* it
> works incorrectly in many places.

	Just curious, but where?  I generally build pine 'out of the box',
and except for Mark's opinion that /var/mail should be 1777, I've never
noticed any problems with 3.96...

	What's the point of having a './build fbd' if it doesn't build
correctly for FreeBSD?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org