Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:10:21 -0700
From:      Jonathan Frazier <wolfnet@wolfnet-irc.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems building 3.1-STABLE

As it was pointed out to me, my problem was the addition of doscmd.  An
aout-to-elf in any manner or form can not be built with doscmd.
Solution: Go to your /usr/src/usr.bin/Makefile and delete the doscmd
line.  Then make aout-to-elf-build.  After that has completed and you
have upgraded to ELF and reconfigured the system, you can put that line
back in the Makefile and 'make buildworld' (If you REALLY want doscmd).
Hope this helps some of you out there racking your brains.  It took me 4
days and help from a few cool ppl on the stable mailing list to get it
right.

--
Jonathan